An Ovarian Cyst is a common condition which occurs due to the accumulation of fluids within a thin membrane inside the ovary. The ovarian cyst is having size ranging from as small as a pea to larger than an orange. In most of the cases, ovarian cysts do not cause any harm but surgery is performed to remove larger ovarian cysts. There are two main types of ovarian cysts such as functional ovarian cysts and pathological cyst. Laparoscopic Ovarian Cyst Removal surgery is also known as minimally invasive surgery or keyhole surgery. Laparoscopic Ovarian Cyst Removal surgery is more advanced and beneficial than open or traditional surgery. In Laparoscopic Ovarian Cyst Removal surgery, the ovarian cysts are removed by laparoscopic technique.
Dr Gaurav Mishra is an expert Laparoscopic Surgeon and Colo-proctologist in Mumbai. He is a proficient in the treatment of colon, rectum and anus diseases. Dr Gaurav Mishra has performed lots of complex Laparoscopic Ovarian Cysts Removal Surgeries successfully.
Need of Laparoscopic Ovarian Cyst Removal Surgery
Laparoscopic Ovarian Cyst Removal surgery is necessary in various situations such as:
- Ovarian cysts causing severe pain
- Ovarian cysts is large or growing
- Cysts present in both ovaries
- Ultrasound exam suggests that a cyst is not a simple functional cyst
- Absence of menstrual periods due to ovarian growth
- Ovarian cyst persisting through 2 to 3 menstrual cycles.
Procedure of Laparoscopic Ovarian Cyst Removal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Ovarian Cyst surgery is performed to remove the cysts from the ovaries. This is advanced method of surgery. Laparoscopic Ovarian Cyst surgery is mainly used to remove smaller cysts.
- Before the surgery, patient is given general anesthesia. In Laparoscopic Ovarian Cyst surgery, laparoscopic surgeon makes small incisions in the abdomen. Laparoscopic Ovarian Cyst surgery is performed by using a small surgical tool known as laparoscope.
- During the Laparoscopic Ovarian Cyst surgery, laparoscopic surgeon inserts a laparoscope through a small incision. Surgeon can see organs with the help of laparoscope.
- Then finally, the ovarian cyst is separated from the healthy ovarian tissue and removed by surgery. It the cyst involves the whole ovary then in such case, it is not possible to separate the cyst alone so that surgeon removes the ovary.
- After the completion of the procedure, the incisions are closed with dissolvable stitches. Laparoscopic surgeon makes every effort to preserve the ovary for patients who are willing fertility.
Laparoscopic ovarian cyst removal surgery has various benefits over traditional surgery such as less pain, minimal blood loss, faster recovery, less chances of infections, no big tissue cutting and less hospital stay.
Dr Gaurav Mishra is a famous and highly experienced General Laparoscopic Surgeon in Mumbai. He is a specialist in the colon, rectum, anal and stomach diseases. Dr Gaurav Mishra’s Saraswati Nursing Home in Mumbai is a well equipped with modern medical technology to provide latest Laparoscopic treatments to all types of stomach diseases. Dr Gaurav Mishra has an in-depth knowledge of colon, rectum, anal and stomach diseases. He has a good experience about laparoscopic procedures involved in the diagnosis and treatment of anal, rectum, colon and Stomach diseases.