Laparoscopic Gynecologic Surgery is the most effective surgical alternative method to open or traditional gynecologic surgery. It is performed by minimally invasive technique to treat all types of gynecologic diseases. Laparoscopic Gynecologic surgery involves only small incisions while open or traditional gynecologic surgery needs a big tissue cutting. In this surgery type, a Laparoscope is used by a surgeon. A laparoscope is a slender and lighted tube which is inserted through a small incision in the abdomen to visualize inside pelvic organs like fallopian tubes, uterus and ovaries. Laparoscopic Gynecologic Surgery is performed by a skillful Laparoscopic surgeon only under a local anesthesia. Dr Gaurav Mishra is a proficient Laparoscopic Surgeon and Colo-proctologist in Mumbai. He is an expert in the treatment of colon, rectum and anus diseases. Dr Gaurav Mishra has performed lots of complicated Laparoscopic Gynecologic surgeries successfully.
Uses of Laparoscopic Gynecologic Surgery
Laparoscopic Gynecologic Surgery is an advanced, risk free and highly successfull surgery. It is more superior to open surgery. Hence most of the surgeons prefer Laparoscopic surgery to treat any severe gynecologic diseases. Laparoscopic Gynecologic Surgery is mainly used to treat various gynecological conditions such as:
- Treatment and diagnosis of endometriosis
- Myomectomy for Uterine Fibroids
- Treatment of Ectopic pregnancy
- Female sterilization
- Hysterectomy (Removal of uterus)
- Oophorectomy (Removal of ovaries)
- Removal of an ovarian cysts
- Blocking blood flow to fibroids
- Vault suspension to treat a prolapsed uterus
Laparoscopic technique is also useful to diagnose various Gynecological diseases such as:
- Uterine fibroids
- Ovarian cystsor tumors
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Pelvic abscess or pus
- Pelvic adhesions or painful scar tissue
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Reproductive cancers
Procedure of Laparoscopic Gynecologic Surgery
- No special preparation is needed before undergoing laparoscopic gynecological surgery. Laparoscopic Gynecological surgery is always performed under general anesthesia. Every patient has to follow doctor’s suggestions or instructions before laparoscopic surgery.
- First of all, a laparoscopic surgeon asks patient to sleep. A small needle is used to fill abdomen with carbon dioxide gas. This gas keeps the abdominal wall away from organs which reduces the risk of injury.
- Then laparoscopic surgeon makes small incision in the abdominal area. In any laparoscopic surgery, a laparoscope is primarily used. It is a thin, lighted tube with a camera on the end. The laparoscope is inserted through this small incision.
- The camera sends images of the inside of the body on a TV monitor. Images show the pelvic organs on a screen which helps the surgeon to see and operate on the pelvic organs.
- Finally laparoscopic surgeon performs surgery as per the type of gynecological diseases. Once the procedure is over, surgeon removes all the instruments and Incisions are closed.
- Then patient is kept under observation to check any side effects and recovery. Patient can experience pain or irritation on the treatment area but severe complications are not usually occurred.
- Sometimes patients can also go home on the same day but some complex laparoscopic surgery needs a overnight stay.
Advantages of Laparoscopic Gynecologic Surgery
- Less pain
- Shorter hospital stay
- Faster recovery time
- Quick return to normal diet
- Faster healing process
- Better cosmetic healing
- Less bleeding
- No big tissue cutting
- No scarring
Dr Gaurav Mishra is a well known and highly experienced General Laparoscopic Surgeon in Mumbai. He is a specialist in the colon, rectum, anal and stomach diseases. Dr Gaurav Mishra’s Saraswati Nursing Home in Mumbai is a well equipped with advanced medical technology to provide modern Laparoscopic treatments to all types of stomach diseases. Dr Gaurav Mishra has a comprehensive knowledge of colon, rectum, anal and stomach diseases. He has a good experience about laparoscopic procedures involved in the diagnosis and treatment of anal, rectum, colon and Stomach diseases.