Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy is an advanced and common surgical procedure in which a Gallbladder is removed from the body. A Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy is necessary if patient is experiencing pain due to the gallstones that block the flow of bile. The gallbladder is one of the most important organs of the biliary tract system. It is a pear-shaped, hollow pouch located under the liver and on the right side of the abdomen. The primary function of Gallbladder is to store and concentrate bile. The bile is a yellow brown digestive enzyme produced by the liver. Gallstones are small stones made up of cholesterol which deposited in the gallbladder. Gallstones cause sudden and extreme pain. A Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy is mainly performed to treat gallstones and other Gallbladder complications.
Dr Gaurav Mishra is a skillful Laparoscopic Surgeon and Colo-proctologist in Mumbai. He is an expert in the treatment of colon, rectum and anus diseases. Dr Gaurav Mishra has performed lots of complicated Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy surgeries successfully.
Purpose of Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
A Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy is most commonly performed to treat gallstones disease. Laparoscopic surgeon performs Cholecystectomy if patient is suffering from diseases such as:
- Gallstones in the gallbladder
- Gallstones in the bile duct
- Gallbladder inflammation
- Pancreas inflammation
Symptoms of Gallstones
Common symptoms of Gallstones include
- Sudden and worsening stomach pain
- Pain on the right-hand side of the body just below the ribs
- Back painbetween the shoulder blades
- Pain in the right shoulder
- Dark urine
- Diarrhea and Indigestion
Causes of Gallstones
Common causes of Gallstones include
- High cholesterol in bile
- High bilirubin in bile
- Concentrated bile due to a full gallbladder
The Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy procedure is primarily used when patient is suffering from Gallstones. In this procedure Gallbladder is removed by minimally invasive surgical procedure. The laparoscopic technique is also known as minimally invasive technique. It is the most advanced and safer method of surgery. Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy is performed by a well experienced and skillful laparoscopic surgeon only.
Procedure of Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic surgeon advise patient to avoid food before surgery. Doctor also gives prescription solution to flush stool out of intestines. Surgeon asks patient to stop medications.
- During a Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy, surgeon makes four small incisions in patient’s abdomen. A tube with a tiny video camera is inserted into abdomen through one of the incisions.
- This allows surgeon to see gallbladder on a screen. Finally the Gallbladder is removed through another small incision.
- A laparoscopic cholecystectomy generally takes one or two hours. After the surgery, incisions are sutured and patient needs a week for fully recovery.
Advantages of Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Less pain
- Shorter hospital stay
- Faster recovery time
- Quick return to normal diet
- Faster healing process
- Better cosmetic healing
- Less bleeding
- No big tissue cutting
A laparoscopic cholecystectomy can relieve the pain and discomfort of gallstones and this is the only way to prevent gallstones. Patient should strictly avoid heavy physical movements after the laparoscopic cholecystectomy procedure.
Dr Gaurav Mishra is a well known and highly experienced General Laparoscopic Surgeon in Mumbai. He is a specialist in the colon, rectum, anal and stomach diseases. Dr Gaurav Mishra’s Saraswati Nursing Home in Mumbai is a well equipped with advanced medical technology to provide modern Laparoscopic treatments to all types of stomach diseases. Dr Gaurav Mishra has a comprehensive knowledge of colon, rectum, anal and stomach diseases. He has a good experience about laparoscopic procedures involved in the diagnosis and treatment of anal, rectum, colon and Stomach diseases.